Imitation etch is a special pad printing ink used for producing an etch-like effect on glass products.
- Much more affordable than real etching.
- Can brand curved or uneven products.
- Produces a subtle finish with a higher perceived value that looks like etching.
- Halftones cannot be consistently reproduced.
- The size of branding areas is limited on curved surfaces.
- Requires a curing period before the product can be shipped.
- Unable to print variable data.
- Artwork must be supplied in a vector editable format.
- Fonts are advised to be converted to outlines/objects to avoid font conflicts.
- Compare other Print/Decoration Options